Covent Garden Market Review
The Covent Garden markets are an emblem of architectural masterpiece in the nineteenth century Piazza. There are three markets that are located in this Piazza at Covent Garden. Each market offers a vast range of gifts and crafts.
The Apple Market
Located in the North Hall of the Marketing Building, it showcases British crafts, leather goods and jewellery. There is also a wide range of curios – rare, unusual, or intriguing objects of art – throughout the market. Visitors will enjoy its specialty shops, restaurants and cafes as well as street performers, some of who sell antiques and crafts.
The East Colonnade Market
Open every day of the week, it houses a big variety of stalls that sell items jewellery, hand-knitted children’s clothes, handbags and handmade soaps. There are also stalls that sell home ware, artwork and delicatessen. One of the attractions is the magician’s stall, which is a source of fascination and entertainment to adults and children alike.
The Jubilee Market
Operators in this market change their wares on a daily basis in the South Piazza. On Mondays, Jubilee Market sells antiques and from Tuesdays to Fridays, the general market will have a whole host of traders that sell household goods and clothes. On Saturdays and Sundays, this market sells arts and crafts.
Facilities offered at the Covent Garden Market
- Accessible bathrooms with their own separate shower units
- Wheelchair accessible public toilets at designated places
- Accessible communication facilities
- Visual alarm systems that are clearly audible
- Assistance dogs are welcome in this market area
- Staff is available to assist the shoppers and visitors
- Parking facilities
- Disabled parking facility is available within fifty metres of the main entrance
- There are flat routes from the parking areas to the entrances of the markets. Ramps have been constructed from the parking areas to the entrance.
- Drop-off points have been made available for visitors outside the main entrance
- Baby changing rooms are accessible
- Seating area is there for users with limited mobility along the routes.
- Steps have been provided with handrails within the buildings
- Catering facilities
- Beer Gardens
- Outdoor Dining Facilities
- Secured Safes
Opera and Theatre
Royal Covent Garden Theatre and Opera is famous for classical music performances, operas and musical shows.
Covent Garden Market is the favourite spot of many a shopper in London. It is located in the heart of Central London. The marketplace is a fabulous place to shop, dine or simply do window shopping and enjoy the environment, which has a festive feel about it.